This week, I deep dive on tax lien investing with Phil Kessler, a prolific tax lien investor who has extensively researched the tax lien investing laws of multiple states. He also creates a lot of educational content about tax lien and tax deed investing online.
Investing in tax liens may sound scary and complicated. But as you’ll see from today’s podcast interview, with a little bit of research upfront, it can be as easy as buying toilet paper on Amazon. And the capital required to invest can be as little as a couple hundred bucks, making it a low-risk way (compared to buy-and-hold real estate) to try a new investing strategy.
– How tax lien investing works + how to make money from it
– Differences between tax lien vs. tax deed investing
– How tax lien interest rates are set + realistic rates you can expect
– What makes an ideal tax lien investment
– Due diligence checklist for analyzing tax lien deals (and how it differs from typical real estate investing due diligence)
– Tips and tricks for evaluating physical property condition, environmental risks, etc, when you can’t access the house
– How tax lien auctions work + winning bid strategies
– How tax lien investment funds work + tradeoffs of investing in a fund
Check it out here:
Have you ever invested in tax liens? What’s been your experience? What other questions do you have about it? Let me know by leaving a comment.
P.S. If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss any upcoming episodes! 😎
P.P.S. Join us on Facebook!